I work with some wonderful people who volunteered to decorate, bake, sell, ask for donations and organize to make this project a success. The Craft Sale money all went toward my Kingdom Assignment, and I am so thankful for the items that were donated by some girls I work with. The beaded crosses, handmade soap, framed verses, and ceramics they donated pretty much sold out. The heart crayons and activity books we made sold quickly, so the only thing left were some letters which I will be putting up for sale in my Etsy Store soon. I also have about 25 orders for more letters. My $100 has turned into $225 and is continuing to multiply!
My mom surprised me by baking about 6 dozen Cherry Mini Cakes which were a hit! She also ran errands for me since I had a lot on my plate to coordinate everything. I am so blessed to have such a loving a supportive family. Yes, I want to get my own apartment when I can, but my parents are still doing a lot for me and don't always appreciate it enough!So, that Heart Cake. After we had set the minimun bid and it had gone all morning without any bids, I started talking about how that cake was too awesome for just one family and needed to be taken to an event. Then I realized that Neighborhood Church was celebrating our two year birthday on Valentine's Day. I was involved in the planning and knew we had some money to spend on a cake, but though I would need to make up the difference to pay for the cake. Well, God meant for that cake to be at the party because the budget was exactly how much I paid for it! And, all the money we paid goes toward Youth Villages, the charity Kele sponsors. So, by paying for the cake we were able to further the Kingdom. God is oh SO good!
No comments:
Post a Comment