One of my favorite blogs is I Love Memphis. Everyone should follow it whether you live in Memphis or not. If you want coverage of Elvis' birthday or Memphis BBQ brackets check it out! This year Kerry, the I Love Memphis czar is doing a 365 project of Memphians with a few interview questions. Justin is Memphian #11 (on the 11th of January:) and I really loved his response to two questions about Memphis. I have tried to say both of these things before much less effectively.
My first impression of Memphis was: After growing up in the south and living in Europe during my first leg of graduate work, it felt a whole lot like home; a sort of cozy but lived in kinda place. Memphis, like Jackson (Miss), wears its history on its sleeve and that rough-around-the-edges beauty really struck a cord with me.
I love Memphis because: You get out what you put into Memphis, and this city has so much to give.
No comments:
Post a Comment