Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The Vesta Home Show is the annual parade of homes put on by the Home Builders Association. I haven't been since I was in high school, so not since being trained as a designer. I now see the world through a different set of lenses.

Danielle and I ventured to tour the homes last weekend. (Don't you love the creeper in the picture above?) My, did we find some interesting things... and some beatuiful. There were major differences in opinion between the people we overheard and our thoughts on the homes. Beauty is CERTAINLY in the eye of the beholder. Here are some of our favorites:

We were fans of this bench and those beams...

But skeptical of this ocean view and those random openings in the walls....


Love the details of this light and backsplash....


But disgusted by this trim color and the owl rug...


Fond of this stone tile and built in shelves...


And the outdoor fireplaces and this painting...

No comments:

Post a Comment