Sunday night at Neighborhood Church Robert talked about the Parable of the Ten Minas in Luke 19. He chose 10 people and gave each of us an envelope with a $100 bill in it and gave us these instructions:
- You must understand and agree that this is not your money. It is the Master's money and He has entrusted it to you.
- You are to manage, multiply, and invest this money as a steward in some way that advances God's Kingdom agenda in the world.
- In three months, you will come back and share what happened to the initial investment.
We discussed our initial thoughts at community group tonight, and my friend Meredith suggested asking a poor person what they would do with the money. A hundred dollars means a lot less to me that it would someone who is homeless.
She is right, and I'm curious. So my goal is to ask some people what they would do if they were given $100 while I'm serving dinner at More than a Meal on Thursday nights over the next couple of weeks. I'm going to share their responses here. I know I have a lot to learn.
A few weeks ago, we had a guest preacher and he said that the problem between the rich and the poor is not that they don't love each other, but that they don't know each other. I hope that I can get to know a lot of poor people through this assignment.
No comments:
Post a Comment