
Martha was a good sport and didn't get annoyed when I wanted to design my own aluminum tile. It was really cool to carve my own design in the form and then watch them pour the aluminum.

The aluminum was solid very quickly, but still very very hot as they broke the form off and dipped each tile into a bucket of water.
I am excited to add this tile to my cross collection that I will finally get to unpack and hang up when I move in May. The grounds of the Ornamental Metal Museum are beautiful. They would be perfect for a wedding reception.
After the sun had set and my tile had cooled enough to touch, we left for dinner at one of our favorite Mexican food places and watched West Virginia beat Kentucky to get into the Final Four. As a Memphis columnist posted on Twitter, the entire city of Memphis felt Schadenfreude: delighting at another's misfortune. Also known as doing the happy dance because Calipari's team LOST!
SUUUUPER cute pic of you and Martha! And I want to go to that place! It looks so cool!
ReplyDelete