I am so thankful for today. I'm thankful to be in Memphis and working in Memphis City Schools. I'm thankful for supportive friends and family. I'm thankful for all the things I have learned this summer that made today a successful first day. I'm thankful for students who volunteer to work problems on the board the first day of school. I'm thankful for a mentor who let me take over (as much as I know how to) on the first day.
And I'm thankful for stories that will always make me laugh:
My 5th period class is full of students who had my mentor teacher last year, so they were very comfortable talking and participating today. One student told me that I looked like Shirley Temple and little orphan Annie. I said it must be the curly red hair, admitting she was right. Little did I know that she would decide that she was going to call me Annie... in front of the principal. I was walking past the student in the hallway so when I got to the principal I jokingly said, "That's Ms. Annie to you."
Glad to hear that your first day went well! It sounds like your kids will definitely make you laugh a lot. :)
ReplyDelete