I like to call our community group the "no kids" group since none of us have any children (yet!). We do get to keep the kids on rotation, which is I love meeting weekly to share a meal and life with all of these wonderful folks! Kristi and Nate hosted both our Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings.
Between our Thanksgiving and Christmas meals together we collected money and bought gifts for a family that Amanda works with who are in need. The pile of gifts that was delivered was huge. We had a Dirty Santa gift exchange at our Christmas gathering. I'm going to do a post on my holiday crafts where I'll share more about the gift I brought. This series of photos shows the journey of the blender that I began with and did eventually take home with me. 
Since we didn't get a group shot, this is how I make up for it:
I adore each of these people. We can have real discussions and talk through our differences. We laugh at each other and with each other. The last six months have been crazy for me and it is important to have friends that will let me talk about education when I need to (most often) and who I can get a break from talking about education when I need to.

No comments:
Post a Comment