Wednesday, December 22, 2010

St. Jude Marathon Weekend

Now that I have a new look for my blog, I am actually going to post. My title is a little sneaky. I did not run a marathon or even a half marathon (this year...)


Earlier this month all of the MTR residents and staff raised money to support St. Jude and participated in one of the races. Green shirts - 5k, Grey shirts - half marathon, Red shirts - full marathon. 

Here is the 5K crowd:

I ran the 5K and improved my mile time by over a minute since running the Youth Villages 5K in April.

After running, I hopped around the city to cheer on the half and full marathoners.
There are many parallels between training to run a marathon (or 5K) and training to be a teacher. Long, hard hours of diligent training and lots of hope and stamina. Along with some cheerleaders as support.

I'm really proud of our team! It was a beautiful day for MTR, the kids of St. Jude, and Memphis!

No comments:

Post a Comment