Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grit and Grind

I believe you will remember this Memphis Grizzlies team for the rest of your days.


I believe the community needed a run like this.


I believe it's about more than basketball.


I believe in Memphis, in its people, and in its ability to surmount its problems with faith, joy and hard work.


FedExForum brimmed with Memphis in all its diversity, black, white, yellow and brown. The place rocked. Never mind the rising Mississippi. Come hell or high water has never had quite the same ring.


I believe that Tony Allen is an example of what can be done through hard work.


I believe Zach Randolph is living proof that you can overcome past mistakes.


I believe in grit and I believe in grind.


I believe the Grizzlies won more playoff games than any No. 8 seed in history.


*Text from Geoff Calkins column after the Grizzlies lost round 2 game 7 in OKC.

No comments:

Post a Comment