Check out this great column about last night's game. One of the most epic nights of my life.
I wholeheartedly agree with Geoff Calkins in these sections:
"Now it was done. Now the epic was over. The Oklahoma City Thunder had defeated the Memphis Grizzlies in three overtimes, 133-123. So the fans stood and watched and cheered.
Yes, cheered. You couldn’t help but cheer. Cheer for the effort. Cheer for this game of games. Cheer for the privilege of being a witness, and a part of it all."
"It was jubilant defiance in the face of a rising river. It was Memphis at its absolute best."
“The only thing I was waiting for was for Elvis to rise out of center court,” said Shane Battier. “Even that, I don’t think it would have surprised me at this point.”
I have lots of pictures and videos to post later, but I needed to document my excitement before I take a nap this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment